The association of accounting technicians training courses is gaining significant popularity among students. It is mostly, because it is an excellent way of succeeding their existing careers or helping them starts a new accounting role. AAT work chances require students to prove their enthusiasm and grasp of the key features of accounting to their employers. Please read this blog article to get an insight into the numerous AAT levels and its equivalents.
Table of Contents
- Entry Requirements
- What is AAT level 2 Equivalent to?
- What is AAT level 3 Equivalent to?
- What is AAT level 4 Equivalent to?
- Career Opportunities with AAT
In the end, we provide a list of job roles that you could take on after qualifying. AAT qualification is the best pathway of enhancing your existing knowledge in accountancy and work on skills needed for a career in finance. It offers several training courses in accounting which are divided into three levels:
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting or Bookkeeping -Level 2;
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping -Level 3;
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping -Level 4.
AAT equivalent courses to accounting technician level qualification. AAT Level 2, level 3 and 4 are equivalent to following degree or courses: With an AAT qualification, you get exemptions from degree courses at over 30 Universities in the UK.
- AAT level 2 equivalent to - GCSEs
- AAT level 3 equivalent to - two A Levels
- AAT level 4 equivalent to - QCF Professional Diploma Level
It is one of the most admired practical accountancy bodies in the world. It does not have any hard and fast rules and requirements to get enrolled in these professional courses. Even they don’t require any experience or qualifications to get started. Students will have to have completed the following:
- Communication and numerical skills
- Grade 4 (C) GCSE Math’s and English or equal qualifications
- Some experience in accounting is plus
- Interview with the course coordinator
- Positive personality having a passion for learning and achieving
They can support you:
- Start your accountancy or bookkeeping career
- Join a fast-track to be a Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Attract employers globally and increase your salary
- Give you the confidence to work efficiently
- Even you can start your setup with these skills and knowledge
What is AAT level 2 Equivalent to?
Foundation certification in Accounting: This level 2 qualification is equal to the General Certificate of Secondary Education -GCSE level of study and is best for those who have no experience in this field of accountancy or finance. It prepares students with essential skills in bookkeeping, costing and using bookkeeping software, which can aid them to apply for entry-level job roles such as bookkeeper or accounts assistant.
What is AAT level 3 Equivalent to?
Advanced diploma or certification in accounting: This qualification is equivalent to “A Level” qualifications and credit framework –QCF. It is a more advanced training course than at the previous level. It is good for those already working in the field of accounting and have either accomplished the foundation certificate course or those who have a solid understanding of double-entry bookkeeping. It will make you ready for mid-level roles such as an assistant accountant or payroll supervisor. Thereby it will help you to progress you in your career to the next stage. When you complete this, you have these options to progress:
- You can search for a role that reflects your fresh gained skills, such as accounting assistant or Tax Assistant etc.
- Apply for a university degree program, or carry on doing the AAT Level 4, which is the final level of the whole AAT course.
What is AAT level 4 Equivalent to?
Professional diploma in accounting: This qualifies you as an accounting technician, and is equal to a higher diploma. It is equal to two A’s Levels. AAT level 4 is equal to a diploma level. This is equivalent to an HNC level qualification or the first year of a degree on the QCF and qualifies you to become an AAT Fellow Member. It explains students about complex accounting practices such as drafting, managing budgets and estimating financial performance. NVQs are granted at six different levels, equivalent to other academic training. A level 6 NVQ is equal to a bachelor’s degree, while level 4 and 5 equal to the first & second years of a bachelor’s degree respectively. It focused on applied skills in the context of your full or part-time work.
Career Opportunities with AAT
AAT offers the first step on your pathway towards becoming a qualified accountant. Once you have finished these certificate levels, you will be capable of applying for a range of job opportunities such as:
- AAT Level 2
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts payable clerk
- Accounts officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Trainee Accounting Technician
- Payroll administrator.
- AAT Level 3
- Finance officer
- Accounts Manager
- Assistant accountant
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Ledger Manager
- AAT Level 4
- Accounts manager
- Finance Officer
- Payments & Billing admin
- Commercial analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Financial accountant