An accountant is mostly a money guru and will have a extensive range of daily tasks to complete, including:
- Filing client tax returns;
- Forecasting profits for clients;
- Making sure that a client's in and outgoings are in order;
- Investigating any fraud that they are made aware
- Advising companies on how to become more profitable in their sector;
There are some personal attributes which make certain applicants are better suited for a trainee accountant job than others, and these include:
- Computational and computer skills;
- Being able to be discreet with a client's personal information;
- Competent organisational skills;
- A professional and unbiased attitude.
Accountancy is a great career, but one that involves dedication and great responsibility; two prerequisites that every trainee accountant job applicant should be aware. There is never a shortage of trainee accountant jobs, especially as they can progress to junior accountant jobs and even finance manager jobs.
Trainee Accountant Jobs In Birmingham Educational Requirements
Becoming an accountant requires a lot of studies, as the job involves a significant amount of intellectual effort and brain power. The most common entry path is to gain a degree qualification, which is necessary for most trainee accountant jobs, and then register with one of the three following accredited institutes:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW);
- Association of International Accountants (AIA).
An apprenticeship is another path to becoming an accountant.
Trainee Accountant Jobs Market
The market for accountants is almost evenly split, with 41% of the positions filled by women and 59% by men, according to the National Careers Service website.
Trainee Accountant Jobs In Birmingham Salary Information
A trainee accountant can expect to start on a salary of around £18,000 per year, which can increase to up to £100,000 if they go on to become the Senior Accountant in practice.
Training And Education Required By Trainee Accountant Jobs
Most accounting clerks or accountants applying for trainee jobs start with a high school diploma, but most organisations prefer at least an associate's degree in business or accounting.
Administrative Operations in Trainee Accountant Jobs
The employees qualifying for the training accounting jobs need to perform various functions, some of which are listed below:
- Prepare financial statements as required date’s timely and accurate information.
- Verify and debug ledger accounts.
- Check the correct registration of accounting assistants.
Operational Management as a Part of Trainee Account Jobs
Executive management is the crucial part of trainee accountant jobs, and employees in this depart have to perform the following task.
- Make the sales tax.
- Make declarations of income tax withholding.
- Review invoices for suppliers for posting.