The Payroll Management Course will help you build the skills required to start a career in payroll. This course is ideal for those who are new to payroll or those who are looking to gain practise in using computerised payroll software. You will be learning to process payroll using Accounting software Sage 50 Payroll, reputed accounting software used in many businesses.
This course will give you a detailed outline of the main steps of the processing payroll. You will gain all the essential knowledge of the payroll system required, which will provide you with an advantage if you are looking to pursue a career in accounts or payroll.
What you will learn
- How to set up a company onto the software
- Adding new employees, and editing employee details
- Creating pay elements and different types of deductions
- Setting up the process date
- Entering employee payments, making payment adjustments
- Generating payslips and summary reports such as P32 Employer Payment record
- Understanding what information each report will provide you and why you may need them
- Updating and backing up records
- Understand why we need to update
- Processing leavers
- Processing Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP)
- Understanding RTI (Real Time Information) submission
- Processing Payroll Year End
- Understanding what is FPS (Full Payment Submission)
- Understanding what is EPS (Employment Payment Summary)
- How income tax and National Insurance Contribution (NIC) is calculated
- Submitting FPS to HMRC
How we will help
The Payroll Management Course will provide you with material to guide you throughout the course. We will aid you with the practical work with step by step instructions, as well as providing an understanding of the theoretical side of processing payroll. The material will give you a detailed explanation of each step of the payroll process, and our staff will be there to guide you.
By the end of this course will gain all the practical skills required to use the Payroll software effectively. You will have a good understanding of how Statutory Sick Pay and Maternity and Paternity Pay work. You will learn what PAYE is and the different types of forms that can be submitted to HMRC. How to submit to HMRC and why we use Real Time Information (RTI). The interests and penalties that may be charged for different circumstances.
- Payroll Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Payroll Advisor
- Payroll Administrator
- Account Manager
- HR Manager
If you are interested or have any queries
If you are looking to get enrolled or required further information about this course get in touch on 02037908674 or 01212959988.