Numbers! Numbers Everywhere, wherever you go, you are bound to see the numbers. For example: on addresses, license plates, prices, phones, and of course, money. It connects us all in many more ways than we might imagine. Mainly, our world revolves around numbers, and some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them. For those of you who have already appreciated and recognised the impact that numbers have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping!
The understanding of bookkeeping is a must in our modern business world.The introductory course would help you understand the fundamentals of tax and business reports resulting from bookkeeping data.The basic course is useful for students planning to have a future career in bookkeeping and accounting.
The basics you get from the course would improve your mastering of bookkeeping basics, including opening your own business as a bookkeeper, or getting a rewarding business career.
You may wonder why you need to understand the core concepts of accounting and bookkeeping. The business owners, directors and, managers need to know the health of their business, and this show in the financial statements. To understand these reports, you need an understanding of basic bookkeeping, how to obtain accurate information, and what each section means.
Future Connect Training offers basic bookkeeping courses which enable students to understand the underlying concepts of bookkeeping. Our basic bookkeeping courses cover bookkeeping systems and basic accounting rules, types of financial activities, cash and accrual basis of accounting.
The topics covered in our basic bookkeeping courses are:
Primary bookkeeping language: Our basic bookkeeping courses explain the terminology and definitions of accounting terms. It enables our students to understand the language used in the bookkeeping process and accounting statements.
- Accounting processes: Our basic bookkeeping courses cover double-entry bookkeeping, accounting equations, how transactions recorded and how they impact the business.
- Debits and Credits: How each transaction has a debit and credit entry in double-entry bookkeeping is essential for all basic bookkeeping courses. Understanding debits and credits will help you understand your financial statements and asses the health of any business.
- Data recording: Our basic bookkeeping courses explain the importance of recording all the business transaction - this facilitates managing, analysing and summarising this information.
- Our basic bookkeeping courses cover ledgers and journals: How to record each transaction in double-entry bookkeeping and widely used bookkeeping software (Sage, Quickbooks, IRIS, TAS& VT). The debit and credit details of each deal recorded in ledgers. The different ledgers and when to use journals for essential purchases also explained.
- Financial statements: The Balance Sheet, profit and loss statement and trial balance are the primary financial statements used to show the health of a business during a year. Our basic bookkeeping courses explain how to prepare these statements and what they say about the company.
- Reviews: Having explained and demonstrated the essential bookkeeping elements, students of our basic bookkeeping courses also have access to online tests to help review their learning, an opportunity to discuss the concepts, definitions and processes with their tutors.